The MySQL server is currently offline. Error while connecting to MySQL: #28000Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Go to WHM > Service Manager and uncheck monitor for MySQL (so it doesn’t restart while fixing the issue), then save the area
2. Stop MySQL in root SSH (if it is running, if not running at all, then this can be skipped)
3. Start MySQL without the password prompt
mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &
4. Get a copy of the current MySQL root password
Copy down what it shows for the password.
5. Log into mysql command line in root SSH and reset the password
mysql -u root \u mysql update user set password=("NEW-ROOT-PASSWORD") where User='root'; flush privileges; quit
Please replace NEW-ROOT-PASSWORD above with the actual password copied from /root/.my.cnf earlier.
6. Restart MySQL and check it’s working
/etc/init.d/mysql start mysqladmin proc
If you can get a return of the processlist, it’s working (not to mention it would have started properly at that point to show it’s working).
7. Re-enable monitoring in WHM
Back in WHM > Service Manager, re-check monitor box for MySQL and save the area.